Your Comprehensive Guide to Dental Bonding
Chipped or discolored teeth may be demeaning, and dental bonding can be an ideal option for transforming your dental aesthetics. The procedure addresses various dental imperfections, including discolored, stained, cracked, or chipped teeth. It also seals the gaps between your teeth and provides an appealing smile. The cosmetic dentistry near you can provide you with various services to enhance your smile outlook.
Your dentist in Bolton may recommend you to undertake dental bonding due to its myriad benefits. The cosmetic procedure addresses your personalized dental issues through a non-invasive approach, unlike veneers that require removing your enamel portion. The bonding material safeguards your tooth from undergoing further deterioration, damage, or decay. Untreated teeth may need extensive dental appointments in the future.
What is Teeth Bonding?
Tooth bonding is a cosmetic procedure used to repair your cracked, chipped, or broken teeth. The bonding material is used to seal the discolored teeth and restore your dental aesthetics. Dental bonding in Bolton, ON, involves applying bonding material on your affected tooth, shaping, and sculpting. Radiation is used to harden the material your composite is polished to provide a smooth tooth surface.
Why You’d Consider Dental Bonding
Dental bonding addresses various teeth imperfections. Here are reasons why you should consider dental bonding:
- Composite bonding is ideal in repairing decayed teeth and filling cavities
- It’s a viable alternative to amalgam fillings
- The bonding material restores your tooth shape and length
- It’s vital in repairing cracked or chipped teeth
- Your dental aesthetics are transformed, and discolored teeth sealed
- Teeth bonding close spaces between your teeth
- The procedure is ideal in safeguarding your tooth root from exposure due to receding gums.
What You Should Expect During a Dental Bonding Procedure
Your dentist will examine your dental flaws during cosmetic bonding and determine the viable treatment options for you. If you are ideal for teeth bonding, the following steps are followed:
- Preparation of the affected teeth is done before dental bonding. Your specialist is likely to administer anesthesia if your tooth is decayed. The tooth is then drilled to change its shape. A guide chart for your natural tooth shade is used to select suitable composite resin material that matches your tooth color
- The bonding procedure involves roughening your tooth surface and applying a conditioning fluid that’s useful in ensuring the material adheres to your tooth. Tooth-colored resin is molded and polished to your preferred shape. A laser beam is applicable in hardening the resin material, and your tooth is shaped to take up a natural form.
- Dental bonding completion requires about one hour. Various aspects may limit you from teeth bonding, and it’s essential to consult your specialist on the best cosmetic approach for your teeth.
Taking Care of Your Bonded Teeth
The bonding material can easily chip, and there are various tips you need to embrace to ensure your bonded teeth are long-lived. At South Hill Dental, we recommend you observe follow the measures below:
- Avoid chewing hard objects. Food or candy using the bonded teeth
- Seek immediate help from your specialist if you notice wear and tear on your bonded teeth
- Floss and brush the bonded teeth regularly
- Regulate the intake of tea, coffee ad smoking tobacco to avoid the formation of stains
- Rinse using recommended and non-abrasive mouthwash
- Schedule periodic dental visits to your dentist for check-ups and dental cleaning
You can preserve your teeth by maintaining an ideal oral hygiene regimen. However, your oral tissues aren’t indestructible. Cosmetic bonding is suitable in addressing dental chips, cracks, and gaps between your teeth. The procedure requires a same-day appointment and the outcomes are long-lasting. Our dentist in Bolton can fix your minor dental issues and restore your dental appeal.
Tooth-colored composite bonding provides you with a natural tooth outlook, and your specialist helps select the shade that matches your teeth. It’s crucial to consult your specialist if you need to undergo a whitening procedure with bonded teeth. Having an appealing smile boosts your confidence, and it would be best to undertake cosmetic dental bonding. If your teeth are chipped, discolored, or gapped, dental bonding is an ideal treatment option for you. Please make an appointment with our specialist and undergo dental bonding in Bolton, ON, today.